My name is Agnese, i was born in Italy and i'm a PROUD ITALIAN FOOD BLOGGER. Check out my traditional Italian recipes on my blog! Enjoy Italy!

Vegan Pesto Pizza Recipe : Original Italian Recipe


I have been so obsessed with pesto since making my linguine dish the other night. So, I decided to make a pesto pizza and it was amazing! Jerome and I ate one pizza each. I had so much basil in my teeth that it seriously looked like I has just eaten Shrek. Basically, I just threw on what fresh toppings would compliment the sauce. If you love pesto-y goodness, then try it for yourself!

Sauce:
   3 garlic cloves
   2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (what is this?)
   1/3 cup pine nuts
   4 cups basil leaves
   1/2 small lemon, juiced
   1/3 cup olive oil

   salt and pepper

Toppings:
   1 tablespoon pine nuts
   handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in thirds
   1/4 purple onion, thinly sliced

   10 kalamata olives

Other:
   2 large pizza bases (30cm)
   fresh basil leaves to garnish
   drizzle of olive oil to garnish


  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and oil or add baking paper to two pizza trays.
  2. In a food processor, add all sauce ingredients and process until the sauce is smooth.
  3. Distribute sauce over two pizza bases until covered evenly.
  4. Scatter purple onion over the pizza. Follow with cherry tomatoes, olives and pine nuts.
  5. Cook in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the pizzas are browning around the edges.
  6. Let cool for 2 minutes before slicing.
  7. Serve with fresh basil leaves and olive oil if needed. Enjoy

Nessun commento

Posta un commento

Powered by Blogger.